Pioneers and futurists
We’re leaders in AI-powered speech recognition, natural language understanding and generation, and acoustic modeling technology – the virtual assistant for every iconic automobile brand in the world.
Mobility that's sensory.
We’re the first word in speech recognition but we go far beyond. It’s our ability to read emotion, gaze, gesture and handwriting that sets us apart from everyone. There’s deep integration with sensors inside and outside the car along with third-party assistants. Open platform, nicer playground, happier drivers and passengers.
Be the world leader in AI-powered assistants for mobility.
A safer, more enjoyable journey for everyone.
Empower a digital ecosystem for connected and autonomous vehicles.
An innovator’s mindset, a global team and network, a well-honed skill for collaboration. Just a few of the reasons we’re always in motion.
Mobility AI leadership
Hybrid solutions platform
Broad local language coverage
Custom integration and experience
Singular focus on automotive market
Close OEM Relationships
Open, neutral platform
OEM maintains control of data
Strategic OEM alignment
3rd party support for virtual assistants through OEM-branded interface
Entrenched customer relationships
Superior benchmarked technology
Significant scale and scope
Far-reaching, global team
Best-in-class language portfolio
Design and UX Expertise
Decades of design experience
Global UX and human factors teams
Advanced dialogue design skills
Proven user satisfaction metrics
Best in mobility.
We're proud to have earned high recognition in our industry. It's a testament to a lot of talented people who insist on big ideas and fresh innovations. They're the engine that keeps Cerence rolling.
- Bosch Global Supplier Award: Mobility Solutions Software
- CES Innovation Awards Honoree: Vehicle Intelligence and Self-Driving Technology category
- TU-Automotive Awards Finalist
- Banma Partner Excellence Award
- Fujitsu Ten Excellence Technology Award
- SAIC Alibaba Partner Excellence Award
- Mobile World Congress GLOMO Award Finalist
- CES Innovation Awards Honoree
- Automotive Detroit: Finalist
- BMW Supplier Innovation Award
- CES Innovation Awards Honoree
- Automotive Detroit: Finalist, Best Telematics Service Provider
- Global Mobile Awards: Best Mobile Product or Service for Automotive
- Detroit Telematics: Finalist, Best Telematics Content Aggregator
New name, renewed energy.
You probably know us by our previous name - Nuance. We're now Cerence. It's an invented word inspired by the right and left side of the brain - bringing intelligence and emotional experiences together. There's a new agility, tighter focus and even higher investment in R&D. We practically invented AI in cars and we don't plan on stopping.
“The Audi A8 is designed to provide a luxurious, highly automated driving experience, and that includes a truly intuitive automotive assistant that can engage in natural conversation.”
– Martin Deinhard Head of Development, Connected Services & Speech Assistant, Audi
“Integrating the newest innovations in voice technology, we've underscored our commitment to providing a truly unique and captivating in-car experience.”
– Jim Buczkowski, Global Director of Electrical Engineering, Ford Motor
“Leveraging Nuance's Dragon Drive platform, we'll be able to bring the broad consumer market smart, innovative and intuitive experiences powered by voice.”
– Michael O'Brien, VP of Product and Corporate Planning, Hyundai Motor America
Auto Showroom 2030
We live at the intersection of Mobility and Future. The way people move will fundamentally evolve over the next 10 years. Advances in AI, shared and autonomous vehicles, the explosion of IoT and societal shifts will all change the journey. Here’s what we’re focused on.
Hands-free and eyes-free solutions
Trip planning services
Infotainment and productivity
Car sensors and cloud data with contextual intelligence
Intelligent HMI that builds trust and acceptance
Transfer of driver control
Extra time to engage with apps and services
Consistent, personalized experience across cars driven by multiple drivers and drivers using multiple cars
Intuitive UI that eliminates training for car sharing
Broad smartphone and smart speaker use
On-demand access to assistants and bots
Portability between car and home
Real-time data and content
Increased computing power on board
Proprietary OEM virtual assistants