Cerenceworking with Audi on implementation in future Audi cars
- Arrive and Parkopedia sign on as first in growing ecosystem of parking partners
Visasigns on as a payment partner for Central European region
Just as the demand for in-car voice assistants soars, so does the need for fast, contactless, voice-powered payments for common needs on the road, including parking, fuel, electric vehicle charging, restaurant reservation booking, fast food, and more. Contactless payment was already on the rise, but the COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the desire for touch-free payment options. In fact, according to a recent announcement by
“As contactless pay becomes an everyday occurrence for people at grocery stores, coffee shops, and other retailers, we want to deliver that same great experience on the road, where safety and convenience are of the utmost importance,” said
“We’ve set out to build a natural, intuitive in-car experience centered around an intelligent companion that meets drivers’ every need while on the go,” said
Building a World-Class Cerence Pay Partner Ecosystem
To support this need for payments in the car,
The initial Cerence Pay partners include:
- Arrive offers a single, seamless mobility experience that leverages AI to predict and recommend the best parking solution for your destination.
- Parkopedia is the world’s leading parking service provider used by millions of drivers and organizations to find and pay for parking. Parkopedia brings new and improved parking experiences to drivers and connected cars in 15,000 cities across 89 countries covering over 70 million parking spaces.
Visais the world’s leader in digital payments. Visa’s advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The Central European markets at Visainclude Germany, Austria, Switzerlandand the Netherlands
“Visa aims to provide seamless commerce experiences to consumers around the world. In-vehicle payments are just one part of Internet of Things where we see tremendous potential. This is why we are excited to be working together with
“Arrive pioneered voice-enabled parking in 2017, and our investment in AI has transformed the consumer experience. In-car assistants powered by Arrive’s recommendation engine makes parking intuitive and easy, allowing consumers to focus on the road,” said
Commenting on the announcement, Parkopedia’s COO,
Compelling User Experience Creates Safer, More Enjoyable Journey for Everyone
Cerence Pay is more than on-the-road payments; it delivers context-aware commerce to drivers, enabling transactions that are relevant and easy to interact with. Through contemporary AI-based technology, personalized payment experiences eliminate the need to dig for credit cards or to enter difficult information on the head unit, so users can get what they want and keep their focus on the road. Further, Cerence Pay leverages voice and facial biometrics for secure authentication and payment. For example:
- Fuel Up: The driver needs to fuel up on the way to work and asks the system for the nearest gas station. Upon arrival, the driver is presented with the ability to choose a pump and pay for fuel directly from the car. The driver could also add a coffee from the convenience store or a quick car wash.
- Dining and Drive Through: After work, the driver is making plans for dinner. The system can offer relevant choices, then book a reservation for dining if needed. The driver could also order and pay for food to pick up and take home.
- Parking: When navigating to a busy destination downtown for the dinner, the voice assistant proactively tells the driver that there is no street parking available, then locates a garage with available space in walking distance from their destination. Once confirmed, the system provides a stall number and starts the payment process.
- Tolls: On the way home from dinner, the driver takes a toll route and uses the system to authorize payment.
Source: Cerence Inc.