Cerence Introduces Car Life, an AI-Powered, SaaS Product Suite to Support the Entire Car Ownership Life Cycle
As cars have become more complex, it has become increasingly difficult for drivers to navigate the many features, notifications, warning lights, and buttons within the vehicle. The Cerence Car Life suite of AI-powered knowledge solutions provides drivers with the best answers and information – all of which is tailored to each individual car, its configuration, and the continuously learned preferences of the driver – via a companion application, voice output from the automotive assistant, and imagery displayed on the car’s infotainment system. This product suite will be available within the
“At Cerence, just like our global customers, we want people to fall in love with their cars,” said
This innovative and intelligent SaaS product suite will support drivers with:
- A full introduction to a new car, its intelligent assistant, and its key features when entering it for the first time (or even before even entering it) via a companion smartphone and/or tablet application.
- Contextual, smart car knowledge to help drivers understand the car’s status, including warning lights and error messages and how to deal with them, based on up-to-date information from the car’s sensors. This includes support for multi-modal interactions, in which the driver can use both voice and gesture to point at warning lights and ask questions.
- Voice-powered smart car manual, which alleviates the need for bulky, printed car manuals and gives users the ability to ask the car directly about its features, potential issues, warnings lights, and more, all using their voice.
- Car Learning modules that a driver can listen to while driving and leverage to learn about the car.
- The ability to schedule dealer appointments for service and updates based on alerts and diagnostics generated by the car.
- Proactive sharing of information to ensure drivers are aware of the features hidden deep within the complex menus of the car, including for new features provided through over-the-air updates.
Cerence Car Life will be demonstrated for the first time at Cerence’s booth at CES 2020 (North Hall: Booth 9305). The smart car manual will first be available in BMW’s Intelligent Personal Assistant, with additional automakers launching the product in the coming year.
Source: Cerence Inc.